Creators and distributors of successful decorative collections for home & garden
Would you like to work for one of the biggest importers of decorative items?
With our enthusiastic team of 263 professionals, we design, collect and sell our products worldwide. Our modern head-office and showroom are located in Reeuwijk.
The Edelman product range is characterised by high-quality products made of ceramics, glass and metal. Edelman has a wide range of Christmas items, including Christmas trees from Triumph Tree & Black Box Trees, lighting from Luca Lighting, ornaments from House of Seasons and the miniature world of Luville Collectables. In addition, Edelman offers an extensive range of home accessories and artificial flowers, plants and trees from Mica Decorations. The Mood Collection offers a broad assortment of home textiles including cushions, garden cushions and table linen. All items come in vibrant colours and textures.
Working at Edelman offers you the opportunity to join an international and inspiring organisation with plenty of opportunities for personal development. Our mission is: ‘To make the world in and around the home a more beautiful place in all seasons’. We do all this with great pleasure. If you can identify with our mission and the vacancy below, then we would like to meet you!
For our Central Planning Office (CPO) department, we are looking for a:
Team Leader Central Planning Office
As Team Leader Central Planning Office, you are responsible for managing and supporting the Demand Planners. The purpose of this position is to gain insight into future purchase and sales flows in order to achieve efficient planning of purchase orders and deployment of capacity (inbound, storage, production and outbound) with your team, so that customer demand can be met. The CPO department is thus the connecting link between Sales, Purchasing and Logistics and plays an important role within our unique formula, in which short product life cycles of trend-sensitive (seasonal) articles form the assortment.
What will you be doing?
- You are responsible for checking and processing Purchase Proposals from MRP to concrete Purchase Orders and in doing so you maintain direct contact with the various suppliers (relationship management) to determine production and distribution possibilities. Furthermore, you closely monitor the delivery times and keep the PO information in AX Dynamics ‘up to date’.
- You are responsible for analysing the various forecast data, so history, (market) trends and actual sales are translated into a Demand plan, from which the MRP processes are controlled. Besides managing the forecast data, you analyse the forecast accuracy and maintain and optimise the forecast processes.
- You report on and analyse the data within your area of responsibility, draw up periodic (management) reports and process controls, respond to deviations and take action to implement improvements or set them in motion and follow them up with other parties involved
- As Team Leader Central Planning Office, you participate in or lead various improvement projects and you are (jointly) responsible for the targets and deadlines set for these projects
- As a ‘linking pin’ between Purchasing, Sales and Logistics, you maintain very active contact with the departments involved, translate the data obtained into our systems and make agreements with suppliers about the content and delivery of purchase orders
- You coach and supervise the Demand Planners in the area of project progress and individual targets, among other things. You take care of information supply, work meetings, stimulate mutual cooperation and knowledge transfer
- You also set up the assessment, coaching and progress interviews in consultation with the Supply Chain & Operations Manager and carry them out yourself or together with the Manager.
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor level (preferably Logistics/Business Administration)
- You have at least 5 years of experience as a Demand Planner and/or with stock management
- You have knowledge of the purchasing organisation, market developments and the total product portfolio
- You have experience with ERP systems, where knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX is definitely preferred!
- You have an excellent command of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook etc.)
- You have good communication skills in Dutch as well as in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience with SLIM4 is a plus!
Working at Edelman means, among other things:
- Working at one of the fastest growing lifestyle companies
- Free sports after work
- International company with a good working atmosphere where hard work and fun go together
- 27/28/29 vacation days per year
- Nice company parties, a Christmas package
- Premium-free pension
- Discount on the purchase of our products
- A fun job where you work with beautiful products!
Are you interested in this role and do you meet the profile? Send an email with your motivational letter and CV to the HR Department: firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about the position, please contact Mariella Deinum (HR Advisor).
For an impression of our lovely company, check out the links https://youtu.be/zda0RYYNDJ4 and https://youtu.be/TWUmyJv-2f4