For our purchasing department, we are currently seeking an:
Purchasing Assistant (40 hours)
We are seeking to strengthen one of our Business Units. As Purchasing Assistant you will support the Product Manager in the broadest sense of the word. The Product Manager is responsible for developing and purchasing collections of one or more product groups. The cooperation between the Purchasing Assistant and the Product Manager is very important in maintaining quality and in a sense both jobs complement one another. Together you form a buyer group. This is an administrative function with a commercial approach.
What will you do?
- Supporting the product manager/purchasing department
- The first point of contact and stand in the event of (short) absence of the product manager
- Maintaining contacts with our purchasing office in the Far East, agents and suppliers. This is mainly done in English
- Checking activities in the showroom for completeness and correct product presentations with regard to labelling and coding
- Following the sampling process to ensure that sufficient samples are available on time
- Assisting the product manager with ordering and purchasing items
- Point of contact for Sales with regard to products and price requests
- Providing support at national and international trade fairs
Who are we looking for?
- We are looking for someone who has very good administrative skills and enjoys working in an international setting with a lot of creativity, hectic pace and dynamism
- Strong in planning, setting priorities and being able to maintain and keep track of the complete picture at all times
- You have a proactive attitude, are flexible and like to work in a team
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and Excel is a must! You are used to working with complex computer programs such as Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Completed hbo / mbo+ education (preferably commercial direction) with several years of work experience
- Excellent commercial, analytical and communication skills
- Good command of the Dutch and English languages in speech and writing
- Affinity with decorative products is an advantage
- Available to work fulltime (40 hours) per week and not having a 9 to 5 mentality. You are willing to travel 2 -3 times a year to national and international fairs lasting several days
- Owning your own means of transport is a must
Working at Edelman means, among other things:
- Working at one of the fastest growing lifestyle companies
- Free sports after work
- International company with a good working atmosphere where hard work and fun go together
- 27/28/29 vacation days per year
- Nice company parties, a Christmas package
- Premium-free pension
- Discount on the purchase of our products
- A fun job where you work with beautiful products!
Are you interested in this role and do you meet the profile? Send an email with your motivational letter and CV to the HR Department: email@example.com.