Creators and distributors of successful decorative collections for home & garden
Would you like to work for one of the biggest importers of decorative items?
With our enthusiastic team of 260 professionals, we design, collect and sell our products worldwide. Our modern head-office and showroom are located in Reeuwijk.
Working at Edelman offers you the opportunity to join an international and inspiring organisation with plenty of opportunities for personal development. Our mission is: ‘To make the world in and around the home a more beautiful place in all seasons’. We do all this with great pleasure. Interested? Check out these links for an impression of our company; https://youtu.be/zda0RYYNDJ4 and https://youtu.be/TWUmyJv-2f4
If you can identify with our mission and the vacancy below, then we would like to meet you!
For our purchasing department, we are currently seeking an Purchasing Assistant
We are seeking to strengthen one of our Business Units. As Purchasing Assistant you will support the Product Manager in the broadest sense of the word. The Product Manager is responsible for developing and purchasing collections of one or more product groups. The cooperation between the Purchasing Assistant and the Product Manager is very important in maintaining quality and in a sense both jobs complement one another. Together you form a buyer group. This is an administrative function with a commercial approach.
What will you be doing?
- Supporting the product manager/purchasing department
- The first point of contact and stand in the event of (short) absence of the product manager
- Maintaining contacts with our purchasing office in the Far East, agents and suppliers. This is mainly done in English
- Checking activities in the showroom for completeness and correct product presentations with regard to labelling and coding
- Following the sampling process to ensure that sufficient samples are available on time
- Assisting the product manager with ordering and purchasing items
- Point of contact for Sales with regard to products and price requests
- Providing support at national and international trade fairs
Who are we looking for?
- We are looking for someone who has very good administrative skills and enjoys working in an international setting with a lot of creativity, hectic pace and dynamism
- Strong in planning, setting priorities and being able to maintain and keep track of the complete picture at all times
- You have a proactive attitude, are flexible and like to work in a team
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and Excel is a must! You are used to working with complex computer programs such as Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Completed hbo / mbo+ education (preferably commercial direction) with several years of work experience
- Excellent commercial, analytical and communication skills
- Good command of the Dutch and English languages in speech and writing
- Affinity with decorative products is an advantage
- Available to work fulltime (40 hours) per week and not having a 9 to 5 mentality. You are willing to travel 2 -3 times a year to national and international fairs lasting several days
- Owning your own means of transport is a must
Working at Edelman means, among other things:
- Working at one of the fastest growing lifestyle companies
- Free sports after work
- International company with a good working atmosphere where hard work and fun go together
- 27/28/29 vacation days per year
- Nice company parties and staff activities
- Premium-free pension
- Discount on the purchase of our products
- A fun job where you work with beautiful products!
The Edelman product range is characterised by high-quality products made of ceramics, glass and metal. Edelman has a wide range of Christmas items, including Christmas trees from Triumph Tree & Black Box Trees, lighting from Luca Lighting, ornaments from House of Seasons and the miniature world of Luville Collectables. In addition, Edelman offers an extensive range of home accessories and artificial flowers, plants and trees from Mica Decorations. The Mood Collection offers a broad assortment of home textiles including cushions, garden cushions and table linen. All items come in vibrant colours and textures.
Are you interested in this role and do you meet the profile? Send an email with your motivational letter and CV to the HR Department: firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about the position, please contact Renate Oudijk (HR Employee).
Questions about this vacancy?
You’ve applied? We’ll review your application and get back to you as soon as possible to let you know if you fit the profile.
Our HR department will contact you to make an appointment. In this interview we want to get to know you better and answer any of the questions you have. You will speak with our HR department and the manager of the department you are applying for.
Our HR department and a future colleague of your department will ask you questions about your experience and skills for the position you applied for.
We will check your references
We will make you an offer and looking forward seeing you working at Edelman