Creators and distributors of successful decorative collections for home & garden
Would you like to work for one of the biggest importers of decorative items?
With our enthusiastic team of 260 professionals, we design, collect and sell our products worldwide. Our modern head-office and showroom are located in Reeuwijk.
Working at Edelman offers you the opportunity to join an international and inspiring organisation with plenty of opportunities for personal development. Our mission is: ‘To make the world in and around the home a more beautiful place in all seasons’. We do all this with great pleasure. Interested? Check out these links for an impression of our company; https://youtu.be/zda0RYYNDJ4 and https://youtu.be/TWUmyJv-2f4
If you can identify with our mission and the vacancy below, then we would like to meet you!
For our Order Planning department, we are looking for a Order Planner
As Order Planner, you are responsible for planning the delivery of our sales orders in the best possible way. This planning is the basis for our logistics operation and ensures the most efficient delivery to our customer. You are part of the Supply Chain Organisation at Edelman and report in this position to the Sales Support Manager.
What will you be doing?
- You love solving difficult puzzles and, as a result, you enjoy taking all the preconditions of the various customers/orders into account when creating the most optimal delivery planning. When do stocks arrive and which ones should be unloaded first? When do the customers want deliveries and which customer is entitled to the stock first? What capacity is available in the warehouse and how can we pre-process orders? Is there any additional work to be done or are there any special requests/requirements? How can we optimise freight costs?
- After this planning, the orders may be forwarded to the warehouses at the right time and you ensure good communication between logistics, transport and sales support through consultation and correct data in the system
- To see whether we have everything under control, we make various reports and are constantly looking for improvements to make our work easier
Who are we looking for?
- You have a preferably completed mbo+/hbo level
- Preferably several years of demonstrable relevant work experience, but we are also happy to train a starter!
- Affinity with planning and trade logistics is an advantage
- You are customer-oriented, independent, flexible, proactive, analytical, problem-solving, results-oriented and enjoy working in a team.
- You have experience with ERP systems, where knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX is definitely preferred!
- You have an excellent command of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Your verbal and written communication skills in both Dutch and English are good
Working at Edelman means, among other things:
- Working at one of the fastest growing lifestyle companies
- Free sports after work
- International company with a good working atmosphere where hard work and fun go together
- 27/28/29 vacation days per year
- Nice company parties and staff activities
- Premium-free pension
- Discount on the purchase of our products
- A fun job where you work with beautiful products!
The Edelman product range is characterised by high-quality products made of ceramics, glass and metal. Edelman has a wide range of Christmas items, including Christmas trees from Triumph Tree & Black Box Trees, lighting from Luca Lighting, ornaments from House of Seasons and the miniature world of Luville Collectables. In addition, Edelman offers an extensive range of home accessories and artificial flowers, plants and trees from Mica Decorations. The Mood Collection offers a broad assortment of home textiles including cushions, garden cushions and table linen. All items come in vibrant colours and textures.
Are you interested in this role and do you meet the profile? Send an email with your motivational letter and CV to the HR Department: firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about the position, please contact Renate Oudijk (HR Employee).
Questions about this vacancy?
You’ve applied? We’ll review your application and get back to you as soon as possible to let you know if you fit the profile.
Our HR department will contact you to make an appointment. In this interview we want to get to know you better and answer any of the questions you have. You will speak with our HR department and the manager of the department you are applying for.
Our HR department and a future colleague of your department will ask you questions about your experience and skills for the position you applied for.
We will check your references
We will make you an offer and looking forward seeing you working at Edelman