Creators and distributors of successful decorative collections for home & garden
Would you like to work for one of the biggest importers of decorative items?
With our enthusiastic team of 263 professionals, we design, collect and sell our products worldwide. Our modern head-office and showroom are located in Reeuwijk.
The Edelman product range is characterised by high-quality products made of ceramics, glass and metal. Edelman has a wide range of Christmas items, including Christmas trees from Triumph Tree & Black Box Trees, lighting from Luca Lighting, ornaments from House of Seasons and the miniature world of Luville Collectables. In addition, Edelman offers an extensive range of home accessories and artificial flowers, plants and trees from Mica Decorations. The Mood Collection offers a broad assortment of home textiles including cushions, garden cushions and table linen. All items come in vibrant colours and textures.
Working at Edelman offers you the opportunity to join an international and inspiring organisation with plenty of opportunities for personal development. Our mission is: ‘To make the world in and around the home a more beautiful place in all seasons’. We do all this with great pleasure. If you can identify with our mission and the vacancy below, then we would like to meet you!
For our Central Planning Office (CPO) department, we are looking for a:
As a Demand Planner, you are focused on gaining insight into future purchase and sales flows in order to achieve efficient planning of purchase orders, inbound storage, production and outbound capacities. This makes the Demand Planner the connecting link between sales, purchasing and logistics.
In this role, you will be responsible for analysing the various forecast data, translating trends and actual sales into a demand plan from which the MRP processes are driven. Through maximum product availability at optimal inventory levels, you maintain a strong focus on our service levels. As a ‘linking pin’ between purchasing, sales and logistics, you translate the data obtained into our systems and make agreements with suppliers about the distribution of orders. The Demand Planner reports to the Supply Chain Manager.
What will you be doing?
- Manage (collect, configure and analyse) the Forecast data and the Forecast processes
- Monitor customer specific forecast, shelf plans and action orders
- Analyse master data
- Review and process procurement proposals (MRP).
- Maintaining direct contact with suppliers regarding delivery times, capacity and order confirmations
- Delivery time monitoring and keeping the PO information ‘up to date’ in AX Dynamics (MRP)
- Optimise inventory levels in the various warehouses by actively managing the product life cycle of products
- Coordinate supply planning with various stakeholders
- Maintain very active contact with sales, purchasing and logistics on behalf of the above activities
- Initiate process improvements and identify proposals for the purpose of cost reduction
Who are we looking for?
- You have a preferably completed higher education (Economics, Supply Chain related)
- Preferably several years of demonstrable relevant work experience, but we are also happy to train a new starter!
- Affinity with Planning and trade logistics is a plus
- You are customer-focused, enjoy working as part of a team, are positive, enthusiastic, independent, flexible, proactive, analytical, problem-solving and results-oriented
- You have experience with ERP systems, where knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX is definitely an advantage!
- You have an excellent command of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Your communication skills in Dutch and English are good, both verbally and in writing
Working at Edelman means, among other things:
- Working at one of the fastest growing lifestyle companies
- Free sports after work
- International company with a good working atmosphere where hard work and fun go together
- 27/28/29 vacation days per year
- Nice company parties, a Christmas package
- Premium-free pension
- Discount on the purchase of our products
- A fun job where you work with beautiful products!
Are you interested in this role and do you meet the profile? Send an email with your motivational letter and CV to the HR Department: email@example.com. For questions about the position, please contact Mariella Deinum (HR Advisor).
For an impression of our lovely company, check out the links https://youtu.be/zda0RYYNDJ4 and https://youtu.be/TWUmyJv-2f4